View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #15
Kaye

Sherry, sorry to hear about what is going on. I want to say I don't know you. I don't know what treatments you have had or have not yet tried--but I do know others who have been where you are and have hung on. I don't know if that will be your fate either--but, at the least, I can share what was going on that may have enabled them to improve.

One gal I know was given similar feedback by her onc. She switched treatment facilities and 6 mos. later improved enough to go backpacking with her son in Europe. She changed dr's 2.5 yrs. ago.

I had a colleague who had a failed stem cell transplant. He was given a prognosis of 2 weeks to 2 mos. He came back to work and basically slept there. He didn't want to sit around at home waiting to die. He was allowed to continue with the medication he was on, Rituxin, despite progression. That was 4 years ago. He is still here.

There is a gal who was also given a 2 week prognosis--she was also quite yellow. She was given Navelbine and Herceptin first, I believe but if I recall correctly that either didn't help or helped for awhile. She then switched to Xeloda and Herceptin (although may have still had the Navelbine). Irregardless she improved enough to return to one of her favorite sports--skiing and the bc turned around. That was 3 years ago. It did return to her bones but she is still quite active.

I don't know if this will help or if you could even tolerate but there are alternatives that some have found helpful. These include the antibiotic Doxycycline (50 mg/twice/day or 100 mg/once?) and the non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug, Celebrex (400 mg/twice day=800 mg/day--which, supposedly when taken together have anti-cancer property. In addition, Lovastatin, the cholesterol medication may have anti-cancer properties.
Another possible way to target cancer cells is through pro-biotics--with kefir (liquid yogurt) which can either be homemade or bought at health foods store such as Whole Foods.

I don't know if any of the above is at all of interest or would even be helpful but wanted to share with possibility of such in mind. Take care, sending positive thoughts and prayers...peace and {{{hugs}}}
Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote