View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
Sherry in WV

Unhappy Doc says time to stop all treatment

I received herceptin yesterday. Was not day for MD visit, however he saw me walking down hall, with a cane, (new Addition) and stumbling to the left, also new. My eyes were very yellow, looked as if someone colored them with a highlighter pen, and skin had slight yellow cast. I am loosing about 1/2lb a day, no matter if I eat or not. He was alarmed at the changes in my in 3 weeks, I am also getting vein distention on breasts and stomach and abdomen, sign of portal HTN. He knows that I am about to see about compassion use of Tynib on Aut 1st, however, he believes that any treatment at all will end my life faster than no treatment at this time. I am not afraid to die, but I am not ready yet, My new Grandson is only 4 mos old and my Grand daughter (14) who lives with us begged me to stay around at least for her first home coming, she starts High School this year. I have fought a long fight, like all of you, had all chemos available, herceptin, chemo emblolization and nephrostomy tube place, which I HATE. I am not one to give up easily, however, yesterday upsetme, depressed me and for the first time in a long time, I cried myself to sleep. My Onc is good doctor and a good man, he kissed me on the check, hugged me and wiped a tear from him eye.
Now I am confused, I can feel my body failing daily, I am tired alot, but we went shopping for a little while yesterday, took a trip to Tn a week ago and I would like to go out to Ill to see my Daughters home, she just got marred this past Dec.
I have never given up, but it is getting harder and harder to stay focused on the positive. I have to be very careful what I take for pain, anything with acetemetifin turns me yellow.
He gave me a script for Fentynl patch yesterday, I gues I wll try it, but I don't want something that will make me sleep the rest of my life away.
I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dx Stage IV breast CA with mets to liver Sept 11, 2002
Thank all of you for listening, your support, emails, advice and love for all of us has kept me going and means a lot to me.,
love and peace
Sherry Poarch
Wellsburg, WV
But Oz gave nothing to the tin man, that he didn't, didn't already have.
Sherry in WV is offline   Reply With Quote