View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #19
sassy

Re: What is measurement date for 5 yr mark?

'lizbeth,

I profess to being baffled by your uncomfortableness with anything Tricia said, and also with your seeming agitation and need to strike out.

Herceptin was released for early stage in 2005---just in time for Tricia and I and many other women in our same boat to be treated. Undoubtedly that treatment played a large part in our almost 10 year disease free survival. So for us---it may very well be our "cure", a point my oncologist has made to me.

Is Tricia advocating that Herceptin is the cure for everyone---certainly not. A lot of advancement has been made in the last 10 years advancing survival rates for many more. Neither Tykerb nor Perjeta were available when I was in treatment.

Are any of us hoping that toxic treatments remain the standard of care--certainly not. Targeted therapy is much desirable over the slash and burn approach of the past.

Joe and Christine developed this website:

Philosophy
"Through a team effort, this unique support group seeks to promote education by maximizing the utilization of available resources. We promise to assist members by supporting their concerns and providing links to news and current research".
Christine H. Druther - MSPH
-Founder

Their mission was to above all support---hence the name HER2Support. The reference to "team effort" was also intentional. Joe especially made sure that all members adhered to the practice of respectful discourse. We continue to honor that legacy.
Left mast .9cm tumor 5 of 14 nodes
Triple Positive
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol/Herceptin
33Rads
Strange infect mast site one year aft surg, hosp 1 wk
Herceptin for total of 18 months
Lupron Monthly 4 yrs
Neurontin for aches, pains and hot flashes(It works!)
Ovaries removed 11/09 stop Lupron and Neurontin
Arimidex 6 yrs (tried Femara, no SE improvement)
Tried Exemestane-hips got so bad could hardly walk
Back to Arimidex for year seven
Zometa 2X Annual for 7years, Lasix
Stop Arimidex 5/13
Stop Zometa 7/13-Bi-lateral Stress Fractures in Femurs from Zometa
5/14 Start Tamoxifen
3/15 Stem cell transplant to stimulate femur bone growth/healing
5/15 Complete fracture of right femur/Titanium rods both femurs
9/16 Start Evista stopTamoxifen
3/17 Stop Evista--unwelcome side effects!
NED and no meds.......
14YEARS NED!