View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Fasting, colonoscopy NEED ADVICE!

I totally relate. This condition effects my daily life, leaves me anxiety-ridden re WHERE'S THE NEAREST BATHROOM????

LIQUID Imodium works well for me. The pills not at all. Go figure.

Lomotil wipes you out on so many levels. I don't...

I do take Librax at night, w/my 3rd probiotic (Digestive Advantage IBS) and Digestive Advantage GAS. Helps me get through the night.

For me I have learned -- NO corn to any degree whatsoever. Trigger! No all you mentioned: Greens, fruit, greasy/fried, dairy, nuts...

Liquid I works quickly and stops the cramping. Plus the GAS pill ONLY DIGESTIVE ADVANTAGE and the IBS one.

I take immediate action if I hear gurgling or growling coming from my belly, if I feel crampy! Like getting the headache before it becomes a runaway migraine. Not that I get headaches, but analogy tells the story.

You will be fine.

You may have to take up residence at the toilette for a while. Good books (stack), pen and paper.

Bet you don't even have polyps. I didn't. Twice. I am done w/the snake.

Bleeding from all that toilet paper necessary for me. KY jelly helps enormously. Just saying. It is a godsend.

Are you being picked up? And dropped off?

Good to do it and be done w/wondering.

I think my Zoloft and anti-anxiety (at night) meds help my belly. The stomach is our "other" brain.

Doc used to say it's a mucous issue due to chemo. Eats away stomach lining. But by now, I have regenerated several new stomachs no doubt, and still have the issue.

When you can, drink LOTS of water w/electrolytes. You can pour it into an ice cube tray, if you can find one, and freeze. Then suck on the ice as needed.

Just keep hydrated. That's the biggest danger from all this -- becoming dehydrated. That is life-threatening.

Love to you in LaLa Land from the Land of Yes...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote