Thread: Its Back
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:14 PM   #16
ariana

Re: Its Back

Hi Mtngrl, so far it seems to be working Mixture of Taxol,Perjeta, and Herception.

The first round, the lump on my neck shrank and by the second round, it
disappeared . Just had my third installment today, I hope what it's doing
to the lymph nodes-that it's working on my lungs as well with the 6 spots that I have.

I had been offered a clinical trial at the time I finished up, but was in good shape
and was afraid of unwanted side effects. SINCE NOTHING WAS IN THE LYMPH NODES
I felt safe. Had there been a problem there with having to remove any, I would have
assumed that the cells would be or could be hiding even with radiation. I would have went for the program. Different drugs that have been used I think have been canceled
like kdyle sorry the spelling is awful . Those that are on can stay and that's it. Theres nothing being offered right now except what we have. I thought things like Dendrite cell
therapy actually meant something. What we have can keep it at bay for awhile, buts far from a cure.

Thanks for asking, mentally I am holding up, its a matter of being vigil from now
on. I had gone in for a ct for side effects of the Arimidex, and they did from top to bottom and that was a year ago this coming Nov.. Nothing in the blood work.
It happened so fast and unexpected . No mention of the use of radiation right now
just the chemo, and if it fails to do its job I will have to repeat with something else.
BUT if the neck is any indication of how the lung is reacting to it, I should be OK.
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote