Thread: San Antonio
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
Laurel

Re: San Antonio

Karen & Mel,

I was asked to attend this conference last year by Joe, who was the moderator of the site until his unexpected death in August. Joe and Christine Druther founded Her2Support years ago. Christine is a 20 yr survivor of Her2 B.C. Joe was a wonderful man whom we all respected and miss terribly as he was brilliant, fair, and compassionate.

This is one of the largest conferences on Breast Cancer in the world. Leading researches come to present their newest findings and to share information. All the big player drug companies are here as well. Her2Support has a booth in the vendor area. Those who attend help out manning the booth and slip into the symposiums that interest them most. There are many interesting topics to be presented in the next few days. I will find out from others more verse than I how one goes about attending SABCS.

Now for some girl talk! I meet Sassy (Rhonda) in the airport in Charlotte and we flew to San Antonio together from there. She's great! Smart, down to earth, and very easy to be with. A little bit ago I met Sheila, who has been through so much lately I could not believe she would actually make it, but there she was looking fab in a black outfit and newly dyed hair. She is a lovely woman both physically and inwardly. Then onto Pati, who has a smile to light up the whole lobby! Also, Joan M. is here, too. Rhonda and I did not recognize her because she has gone blond (you heard it here, straight off the press!). She's rockin' that look really well, too!

I am waiting to meet Steph, Brenda, Christine, and Chrissy (think I'm forgetting someone...dratted chemo-brain). Your cub reporter will be back with all the juiciest bits of info. on the conference and its attendees as time permits. Until then please know I wish I could meet all of you to laugh in the face of this terrible disease.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote