Thread: Open Wound
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
Faith in Him

Sorry- it's long.
It was so nice to log in and see all of your kind replies. I have been busy helping my ten yo daughter recover from a bike accident. Luckily, after x-rays and such, it came down to a broken front tooth and a pretty skinned up chin. Thanks goodness she was wearing her helmet.

The infection, I believe, has gone away. I have a lot less pain in the wound area so I am using that as an indicator that the infection is gone. The antibotics has caused me great stomach pain. The dr said all the good bacteria was killed off by the antibotic leaving only bad bacteria. So I traded pain in the wound for pain the the stomach. I have been eating a ton of Activa and it is helping.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to bring them to my onc next Monday.

Gemma, it was nice to hear from you. I am praying for you also.

Becky, thank you for your offer to talk with your friend about her open wound.

Lani, I am very fortunate to live about 30 minutes from Stanford and about 45 minutes from UCSF. UCSF did the hythermia rads and it was a rad onc there that freak out over how the wounds has being treated. I am with Kaiser so I was referred to UCSF. When I change insurance in July, I can go anywhere and that what I plan on doing.

I don't know what I would do without a wonderful group of people who help me navigate this journey.

Praying for everyone.

Tonya
03/07 CT & Bone scan - Clear
AC x 4, Taxol x 4, Added Herceptin
Radiation until 09/07
Herceptin every 3 weeks until 06/08
01/10/08 local recurrence -IBC
01/28/08 CT & Brain MRI - clear
02/08 - Navelbine & Herceptin
05/08 -MRM
05/08 - Gemzar & Herceptin - didn't work
09/08 - Hyperthermia rads