View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #18
Sandy H

I am kind of far out compared to the rest that have already posted. It is important for me to say that I am Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) a rare and very agressive cancer. I was told I had no long term survival perhaps, a couple of years and certainly, not 5 years!! I was diagnosed 03/01, IBC, stage 111b, (as all IBC is a stage 111b or IV if it has spread to the organs or bone)ER-/PR-, Her2+++, 44 pos. nodes. Treatment Ad/Taxatere x4, surgery, Rt. MRM with skin graft to chest wall, and my choice of Lt. simple mastectomy. 44 pos nodes. Radiation x5, then back to chemo Taxol and Herceptin x12 for skin mets (cancer in the skin/chest wall, IBC is a lymphatic disease) In and out of chemo (Taxol has been my miracle drug for skin mets) and NED to chest wall up to present. Scans every 6 months, do to my being IBC, so far no organ or bone involvement. I do lots of supplements, diet of lots of fruits and vegies, avoid dairy, meats, processed foods, exercise daily, drinks lots of water and get 10 or more hours of sleep at night believe in the power of prayer. I did reach my 5 year mark last month and still doing well. My doctors all tell me I wasn't suppose to still be here. For those out there that are given a death sentence or poor prognosis there is HOPE!! Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote