View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #50
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

I checked Amanda's FB page today. Found this editorial which sheds much needed light on how those of us with metastatic bc feel left out from October's pink madness and focus on survival. Of course, that is the dream of each of us.

Some, sadly, live with bc and with the knowledge that they won't survive.

I have pondered this long and hard for 15 yrs. I do believe that when we KNOW a thing, embed it in our subconscious (without even realizing it) we ensure the outcome unwittingly.

It is my prayer that others will read my posts, especially those in IN SIMPLE FORMULA FOR CHANGING THE FUTURE, which is of course never a matter of mastering our thoughts (even those we are not consciously aware of).

Our attitude and our Assumptions (often while staring at reason and what we deem as reality) requires us to have the faith to believe we are empowered with the ability to rise above what our senses tell us, not to buy into the story that is presenting itself to us and though not sinking into denial we fully embrace and live as who we wish to be. This is a feat I fully understand. The power of outside conditions and circumstances defies us with every breath we take. Yet we must resist and move ahead with fearless faith and confidence.

May we each rise to higher and higher states of consciousness and bring into manifestation more and more of creation's infinite wonders.

MAKE BELIEVE -- GREAT MIRACLES ARE POSSIBLE... KNOWING that what you feel will come to be fact.

God bless Amanda's Soul. I admire her so. I respect her great message to each of us, and thank her eternally.

Our society's make extraordinary warriors feel left out. Failures at their task. We each do the very best we can. Surely Amanda did that and far far more. So many do.

http://www.nbcf.org.au/About-NBCF/Me...e-of-Pink.aspx

Sent with my love,
ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote