View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
alicem

Re: Rally our prayers...Courtney needs us

Courtney loves our HER2 family. I don't think she would mind that I post the latest journal entry from her caring bridge site. She had spam issues on the CB site earlier, so you now have to have a password to access it. So here is the entry written by her husband Jay this morning:
I'm sorry to start this post saying that Courtney has suffered some serious neurological issues over the past few days, culminating in a visit to the UCSF ER tonight – she was distant, not always cooperative, and struggling to absorb what was going on.

She was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit today (Tues) at 4:00am.
Courtney was neurologically unresponsive for a few hours, but then woke up from this unresponsive state – an encouraging sign. However, she’s in tough shape and we don’t know exactly why. She’s now sedated and sleeping hard and so peacefully – tomorrow AM the medical team will determine if we can tackle the underlying problems.

Mon Jan 23 started out for me and Courtney at 4AM. Courtney just “woke up” and decided that we need to walk laps with her walker around the hallway of her parent’s house. We did this for like an hour, and then we ate a 1,000 calorie protein smoothie. She didn’t communicate why we were doing this exercise, and she was so weak, very wobbly, and verbally unresponsive to my questions – but I learned not to question the indomintable will and fight that my wife has.

As I write this it is Tues Jan 24 at 4:32 AM - and now Courtney faces the most immediate and serious fight for her life. And we need you all. The best way to express your support is to post kind words on CaringBridge, via letters, or emails. Reach out to your friends and be there for each other. Please no flowers or food right now – we’re not home to enjoy them. Please also understand that an intensive care unit does not allow visitors.

There is an incredible power when hundreds and thousands of people are holding you in their thoughts simultaneously. This is the time to let Courtney know how much you love her...

Please keep Courtney, Jay and all of her family members in your prayers. If you are new here, search for posts from CourtneyL and you will be inspired.

I HATE THIS DISEASE!!!

~Alice
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote