View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Kat in the Delta

I called the Amer. Cancer Society.... and they just sent me
proof that chemobrain IS REAL !! It has been proven using MRI's ( not sure-??) or other technical devices.. to show where that part of the brain.. in those who have had certain or more chemotherapies..and adj==herceptin-type drugs... were more likely to get chemobrain..and the ACS said it lasts longer than they first thought...... I don't think it goes away for some people.., but not stated there....or I forgot.......... I know the Herceptin caused me to have poor circulation and some damage to my heart.... YOU can SEE IT.. by looking at my lower legs.. I think when your body first gets cancer..all parts go in to rid it...so the Cancer may start some of the first signs.... But, that Adriamycin and rads...and then that HERCEPTIN..... are all big players in chemobrain... (my thinking...and may have read some....) IT did state that those who received MORE chemos... were more LIKELY TO GET CHEMOBRAIN....than others.... Some Oncs..and psy's are prescribing add meds. to help.......Check that out...if u can...and let me know.... I also heard of a Dr. Daniel Silverston or Silverstein..who has looked at this....( rsvp if you find, lani..u are the best at research !!)

What do YOU or ANYONE reading this think???? RSVP here .... or to me...

Call them for a copy..or look on site for the updates on chemobrain (i think) ...www.cancer.org
My brain and circulation has been affected by the chemos... I think Herceptin has done damage to my heart and circulation..
My ankles look worse than a bad
diabetics...!!!! My memory was on my treo phone which my
youngest son
got and deleted before I downloaded it to the computer... I have been in terrible shape... with all close to me...

My husband
iMy husband has been so short and meanto me. My sons do not believe in chemobrain..-oldest wants to LOCK me UP !!!------.so I need to call the ACS back to MAIL each of them, my sister and mother ...all a copy.
The ACS info. is on level anyone can , if they will read, " understand" I wish it included even MORE about chemobrain.., but it is worth downloading/ asking them to mail us..Then, mail to those who think we chemobrain people are crazy !! My men want to commit me..
My husband just entered the room complaining rather loudly ...about this house... here it goes again...day after day...... I gave Him that info.., but I guess he did not take the time to read it... It really needs to be sent by the ACS. --
-----I feel so bad..that I CANNOT CLEAN THIS HOUSE and BE the PERSON I ONCE WAS....... but that's HISTORY...
Glad to have this site and a few people who did not know me before .... ACCEPT me like I am today.
- KAT IN THE DELTA

Last edited by kat in the delta; 01-01-2008 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: LEFT OUT
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote