View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Pat94

Re: Hello NEW Member Looking for info

I am soon to start the same chemo mix. I received the "fine print" on side effects yesterday. Blood in the urine is definitely listed as a side effect from Carboplatin. The instructions say to call right away on that particular side effect. Since your sister has had the shot to bring her blood levels back up, that may take care of it. I would think there is an on-call number for the chemo center where you could leave a message. Look through your sister's mountain of paperwork to determine what phone number to call. I wouldn't trust most ERs to know the way to treat chemo side effects unless they consulted w/ your sister's onc. I hope I am not insulting anyone with that comment but there is just so much for any doc to know, when one doesn't deal w/ it on a regular basis and only has a few minutes to guess, I side w/ getting specialized assistance. Good luck. Thank you for being there for her and, please, keep posting. I will be following your sister shortly. If she didn't get the mountain of paperwork, I can scan and email mine to you on Monday.
Pat94 is offline   Reply With Quote