View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
MaureenS

Hello NEW Member Looking for info

I am a caretaker sister of a newly diagnosed 54 year old HER2 breast cancer patient and she has just had her first of six scheduled chemotherapy treatments on Tuesday (June 10, 2014) of this week and today is Day 5 (Day 4? How do they count these things?) and she had a lot of blood in her urine yesterday which greatly alarmed us and we went back to center for help and they gave her 250 (cc?) of fluids of a scheduled 1000 before deciding to send us to a urologist at 4 pm on a Friday at a hospital and I'm sure you all know how that went (come back on Monday for a bladder scope/no stones) and we're having a bad enough weekend as it is with all the back and leg pain from the shot they gave her on Wednesday (from the Neulasta shot??) the day after treatment and the nausea without worrying about the fact that our mother died from bladder cancer in 2000 and I suddenly realized that maybe the cloud (the brain power in this amazing forum) can give us more insight into our issues at this point than all the doctors in doctor town.

As you can see I'm a newbie without a clue and I appreciate your patience with what I'm sure you can sense is my frustration with a system that seems - um- burdened with people in desperate need.

Thank you for your help in advance!

We are anxious and frightened.

Maureen
MaureenS is offline   Reply With Quote