Thread: Palliative Care
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #27
schoolteacher

Re: Palliative Care

Emelie,

I support your decision. I hope all of your days are feeled with peace and love.

I saw from your signature that you have also been doing Navelbine. I did 10 weeks of Navelbine during November, December, and January, and the fatique was really bad. During the time I was off for Xmas break, I stayed in the bed most of the time. I told my doctor I felt so hopeless. The hopeless feeling came about four weeks of me taking the treatment. He offered an anti-depressant. I would not take them. Toward the end of January the doctor changed my treatment to Abraxane. He decided the Navelbine was beating me up to much. I cried in the chemo chair. This was the first time I had ever cried in the office. I did not want to lose my hair again. My pride got in my way. After being off the Navelbine for a couple of weeks I began to feel better. I am not doing the standared treatment of three weeks on and one week off. I do the treatment every two weeks. I did not have any appetite on the Navelbine, and I think this was one of the things that was making me feel so bad. Like you, it has been in my lungs since July of 2010, and it moved back into my bones in October.

Emelie, you are in my thoughts and prayers. If there is any way I can help you on your journey, please let me know. I don't talk about how I feel a lot on the board or what is going on with my treatment, so the paragraph above was very hard for me to write. I know I do not know how you truly feel at this time, but remember you are in my thoughts.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote