View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #11
annettchen

Re: I hope I did the right thing...this is long!

I agree, well done.

The most memorable experience I had along those lines was a prep-nurse for my first ever CT after I was diagnosed with bone mets. I lay on that prep-strecher thingy and was crying, looking at pictures of my daughter on my phone. That nurse came to put my IV in, but before she did so, she just gave me a long hug and said "I'm praying for you. You'll be ok."

It was such a comfort. I knew that she did not mean to tell me that I'll live another 20 years to see my daughter grow up. But in that moment, she helped me immensly to get over it and move on, to remember to take one step after the other.

If ever I met her again (which unfortunately I have not so far, even though I have regular CTs), I would love to be able to thank her for her kindness and tell her how much she helped me. I was just so confused at the time, that I did not even think of saying thank you (I usually do have manners, though!). And that other woman may have been as surprised as I was - does not mean she did not appreciate what you did. I would have...
04/2014: Started 6 cycles of "PHD" (Perjeta, Herceptin, Docetaxol)
07/2014: Finished 6 cycles of PHD; restaging; 2 bone mets are sclerotic - looks like Herceptin and Perjeta is working
10/2014: STABLE!
01/2015: STABLE!
04/2015: STABLE!
08/2015: STABLE!
12/2015: BRAIN METS. BODY STABLE.
annettchen is offline   Reply With Quote