View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #2
donocco

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors: Personalized dosing?

Teal

I'm sorry you are having these problems with Arimidex. if they are joint problems taking Vitamin D and getting a blood level of 66-70ng/ml might help.

As far as dosages go Arimidex(1mg/day) Letrozole (2.5mg/day) and Extramestane (Aromasin) 25mg /day are the standard dosage for each drug. As they are different molecules you cant compare the doses between them. The basic chemical structure of Aromasin is a steroid like estrogen. I believe the others have a molecule that consists of a pentagon made up of 4 nitrogen atoms and one carbon atom/

I am going to assume (dangerous word) that the "standard" dosage of each is that dosage that lowers the estrogen content sufficiently. So again I'm going to assume (dangerous word) that 1mg Arimidex=2.5mg Letrozole=25mg Aromisin.

Ill see what I can find tomorrow. Hope this helps a bit, particularly the Vitamin D part.

What you are talking about is potency. Potency is that dose of a drug that is effective. However a more potent drug is not more effective than a less potent one. You just need a lower dose ie 1mg Arimidex vs 25mg Aromisin

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote