View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #17
donocco

Re: Medical Marajuna Girls

Cathy

Fast tracking the drug may well be a reason. Im not sure it is the only one. I reasoned pharmacologically that Ibrance could be used in Her2 Neu positive patients. I was t sure. sometimes pharmacological logic only goes so far.From what you tell me about your friends who are Her 2 Neu positive and successfully using the Ibrance type of drugs(there is also Versenio and Kisquali) my logic seems to be OK. The lobbying power of the insurance companies may also be a factor in the limited approvals. To be fair this was always done to get a drug on the market. But in the past, (before the insurance takeover of medicine) the drugs were affordable and the patient could buy them from a pharmacy. Movantik 25mg (I think that is the dose) might cost one dollar a tablet and a months supply (30 tabs) would only cost 30 dollars. I have no idea how much it costs now, so after I finish this post Ill call Walgreens. Ill post the amount on the board.My guess is that it will be hundreds of dollars. For all intents and purposes, an FDA approval saying Movantik is for non cancer induced opiod constipation means cancer patients cant afford it and get it. Do you think the FDA is unaware of this?. In all honesty I cant say. But I can use my thinking and imagination
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote