View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
Jean

Re: Career crossroad

Patrice,
Without knowing the type of work you do or the fine details, my response is from what I read in your post.
You sound unhappy and not fulfilled at the present job.
Maybe you have been feeling this way longer than you realize and your dx. and trt has made you more aware of realizing that we waste many days in jobs and realtionships that we are not satisfied with but just continue to do our best and make the day.

Since my dx. I have made many changes and mostly due to my dx. I no longer waste a moment. I do what I enjoy and I no longer fear much of anything since bc.
Strange as for me bc was my strongest fear and now that I have delt with it, well it has made me stronger.

Maybe your dx. has brought you to a career point where you are comfortable to make a change. Of course you have to consider your insurance. Can you afford to make payments to cover yourself during the start up time.

To a great extent we do have a loss of who we were after bc. If we are lucky we grow from it and find new areas of our life to be successful with. It sounds from your post that you are ready to move forward and take on new adventures that will bring positive feelings.

You do not sound happy in your present job and my 2 cents worth....we deserve to find what makes us happy and go get it. We have earned it. If bc has taught me nothing else....don't wait to be happy...make yourself happy. I certainly do not think you should just jump at any or all opportunities. But if this new career opportunity is sound and offering what you are seeking,
then you have the answer. But you must be wise and make sure you have insurance coverage. The odds of recurrence are so tiny...after radiation your mammo's can show negative results, but that is normal after treatment as your dr. already explained.

I wish you all the best in your journey.
Kindest Regards,
jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 10-08-2010 at 10:07 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote