View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #28
TSund

Thanks

Hopeful,

THis was very informative and very helpful!!

Ruth's cancer was multi-focal and total area was large unfortunately. I do not know the % of DCIS vs. IDC. I do not know if there is a way to tell this pre-surgery. I think they only needle biopsied the largest tumor (about 2 cm) However, this is interesting info as all docs (2 oncs, 2 surgeons, 1 GP, 1 nurse practioner) were so sure there would be node involvement, and yet there has been no substantive proof of that; no papable nodes much to their surprise I think. Scans all negative. Of course that does not rule out microscopic invasion. I wonder if this element contributes to this fact.

We are fighting the odds given the extent of Ruth's disease, but there have been other good markers, no lymphatic invasion seen, hormonal ER+/PR+ positive, etc. And the pre-adjuvant TCH chemo has been making an apparant immediate affect, which I was surprised at given the fact that she is so strongly hormonally positive. 100%+/95%+

I pray that this chemo is getting at cells that have floated elsewhere. Who knows.

Terri
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote