View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
jml

Yay! It's a Tykerb rash!!

I've been on Tykerb for ~2 weeks now, keeping my fingers crossed & anxiously awaiting The Rash (as I've read about the correlation between rash & positive response to the drug).
When I first started Herceptin and on the 2 occassions I was on Gemzar, I broke out in a rash on my torso, on my belly from belly button down & shoulder blades.So, I thought I knew what to look for...

Just when I was starting to feel disappointed & nervous that I didn't have a rash yet, I noticed that my skin on/across my nose is starting to "break out". My first thought was that my sunscreen must be too oily for my skin & clogging my pores and that I must go to the drugstore, buy some Biore strips & new oil-free sunscreen.

Then I remembered that the "rash" is more like an acne...so I turned to all of you for guidance, and once again, my questions have been answered!
I have the Tykerb Rash
Brenda's post w/the link to the photos indicating mild/moderate/severe reactions are amazing-I can't believe the "moderate" patient let his rash/acne get to that point!

So now I'll plan my trip to Whole Foods for the Suki creme Vickie H suggested & the B6 pills for my hands & feet.

Oh, and 10 days into the new Tykerb/Xeloda combo , so far so good. Moderate diarrhea the first couple of days, but now just a gurggley, gassy belly & a little bathroom urgency but nothing horrifying. I'm pretty tired all the time, but can get through my day. And when I do lie down for a nap/sleep, I'm out like a light!

Thanks for all of your insight~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote