View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
Joy

update and question

Hi EVERYONE!!!

I haven't posted in a while, just keeping very busy. But, I am praying for all of you and extra hard for those who have requested the help. My thoughts are with all you and your families and I'm so thankful we have this safe and warm place to communicate.

The only tests I have had recently since scans are blood chemistries and they look great, I'm happy to say.

My good friend Sarah has been staying with me again and I love it. She is in NYC having fun with other friends right now-LUCKY!!!

I have been on a few dates and that is mediocre, but it makes for good stories.

My question is this: I have fortunatley never had any lymphedema issues despite having 18 nodes removed 7 years ago and I was wondering if there is any chance of developing it after so long. It seems that the fact that all my nodes were negative that that works in my favor. However this morning I got caught in the crossfire between 2 of my sisters' dogs who decided to fight. My intellect told me to throw water on them, but my instinct won out and I tried to wrestle them apart and got bit on the right hand (axillary node removal side).

I think the wound will be okay and I've done a lot of cleansing and will put ointment on them. I am already on minocycline for Tykerb skin stuff. They recommend Augmentin, but I'm allergic to penicillan anyway. Doxycycline is the other recommendation, but it seems that often Mino and Doxy can be used interchangeably.

My fear is that lymphedema could happen. So far there is very minimal swelling just around the fleshy part of my hand where one wound is. It is sore, but it would be for anyone.

Sooo, do any of you know what the odds are of developing lymphedema after 7 years with no other incidences when a wound has occurred?

Thanks for any input and much love to every single one of you!!!!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote