View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #12
Colleens_Husband

Re: Things you should NEVER try

Another thing you should never try, accepting a friend on Facebook without first reading that person's profile.

I received a friend request from a person, Nathalie, who had the same name as someone I had known five years ago, only she was using her maiden name. I assumed (mostly a bad idea) that Nathalie got divorced. After accepting the friend request, Facebook shifted me to her wall page and it turns out it wasn't the kind and dear friend I knew. It turns out Nathalie, how to put this delicately, requires monetary compensation for compassionate acts that are normally given freely. And she was a hideously bad speller, as well.

I never unfriended anyone before, and I didn't know how to get skanky Nathalie off my friends list, so I had to ask my kids how to unfriend someone. I was worried that skanky Nathalie would know that I unfriended her, get all wrathful on me, and tell everyone that I tipped by putting quarters in her G-string. This was seriously embarrassing and it was all because I was trying to be a good web citizen. It turns out Facebook doesn't send out messages saying that someone has unfriended you, so I was safe.

Anyways, if you want, send me a Facebook friend request to Lee Spurgeon and I will accept it, probably before actually reading your profile page, because that is the type of person I am.

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote