View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 04:26 AM   #9
mamacze

Re: Update from TriciaK

Dear Sweet Tricia - you are a familiar face and one of the "ol' Timers" on this site. I often think of you and wonder how you are doing. I love seeing your face next to a new thread. Thank you for this update.
Halaven is a relatively new med, and I was wondering who might be on it and now here you are. It sounds like your response was good but then....ugh, a UTI. I did a quick med check on Halaven and see that UTI is a side effect that occurs with 10% of folk that are taking it.
http://breast-cancer.emedtv.com/hala...e-effects.html
So there you are. It sounds like the recommendations from our "UTI Queens" might be a long term regimen for you, at least while you are on halaven. And I understand your worry about a low ejection fraction keeping you off our beloved Vitamin H. Are you staying on top of your Omega 3's (salmon, fish oil) ...maybe that will help your ejection fraction a smidge?
In spite of all this constant hummmm of worry you have blessings that abound....46 great gran's.....wow! Blessings abound...spring has sprung....you have a daily reason to smile. I can't think of a better reason to shift my thoughts away from my worries and onto joy than a beautiful, energy filled, love runneth over, gran baby. Thank you for your prayers TriciaK; and know we are all praying for you.
Love Kim from CT

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote