View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
margiermc

Re: 3 years + on Herceptin, Why

I just had this conversation with my dr., the stag 1,2, they have one year of herceptin. But, stage 4, he says indefinite, or until there is enough time of NED, to decide to go off herceptin. However, he said there isn't enough information. He has patients on herceptin for years and they are doing fine. Each case is different, we are all unique, even though we have the same stage's etc. It's up to dr and how confident you feel in the decisions you make. I am getting the her2 serum test,
which may be a measurement to let us know how i am doing on herceptin, or maybe in future to go off, right now i'm scared of some
unusual pain in front of my neck coming and going , just posted.

Also, the money, you can call genotech maybe they have some grants to help with payment of herceptin. It gets costly, but what are the
choices, herceptin is a life saver.

My dr. also said, hercepin does not cross the brain barrier, the her2 cancer does, that gave me a small breakdown, its all scary.

Herceptin is ok, as long as muga scans are in normal limits.

I'm not an expert and some seem to want reference on my post, I just get info. from my dr. and share it, he is an excellent onc. and I have
all faith and confidence in what he says, this is what a good doctor/patient relationship is all about, and when we have this kind of illness, they need to be our best friend's.

margie
margiermc is offline   Reply With Quote