View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 AM   #12
Chelee

Re: Need some help...

Today I had an appt. with a 2nd opinion onc about this problem. Which just shows more proof of what a well informed and educated bunch of people we have on this board. This onc said adding Xeloda to Herceptin would be a good choice without lung issues. It was also mentioned to add Tykerb/Xeloda both to Herceptin. Abraxane was another choice to consider. So Elaine and Ellie you guys get an A+. I also remember last yr I went out to see Dr. Mortimer at City of Hope & she suggested Xeloda since I was concerned about my lungs. Also mentioned was Herceptin/Faslodex since I am highly ER pos.

Steph my onc did mention radiation but she thought I was going to enroll into the T-DM1 trial so it was never brought up again? I've had rads to RT femur two yrs ago..not sure if I can hit it again or not? But my left femur and ilium hasn't had any rads. That's a question I will ask my Ortho onc at upcoming appt.? It would be nice if I could just hit those spots for now and avoid chemo as long as possible. (I've had one stubborn axilla node that Femara/Herceptin has taken care of thankfully.) Last CA27.29 was up to 45.1 which isn't terrible...but high for me. Want to bring that down quickly. Thanks so much to all of you! Some times I just feel so over whelmed when it comes to decisions like this? Can't thank you enough!

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote