View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
Daisypink

Hi

Just an update on me over here in England..

I started taking the Xeloda - 3300mg a day and Tykerb 1250mg a day.. this started last friday.. so far so good..

i have only experienced a little nausea, this is usually a couple of hours after ive taken the morning pills.. i'm very tired by mid afternoon, my recon seems to be sore and tender (that happened with other chemos) but apart from that all is ok.. would the side effects have kicked in by now?? i was expecting worse than this..(not that i want worse!)

dare i say it..this seems by far the easiest of chemos ive had..

I have to be re scanned in 6 weeks to see if my tumours have shrunk in my lungs and my back..

thanks to those who have replied so far....

love to you and keep fighting the fight!

Jakki
xxxxx

DX May 2005 grade 3 IDC - partial mastectomy/immediate LD Recon. 0 /20 lymph nodes affected
Er+PR+HER2-
E-CMF chemo July 05 - Feb 06, 33 x rads. Tamoxifen
June 06 - Regional Reccurrence - supraclavicular lymph nodes, HER2+. Taxotere chemo Aug 06 - Dec 06, 25 x rads, Arimidex, zoladex, Herceptin.
Feb 07 - further supraclavicular progression, re-staging tests.
April 07 - Lung mets DX, oncologist trying to get me on Tykerb & xeloda on LEAP trial.
June 07 - Lung mets doubled in size, 3 new tumours and one in my back - commenced Tykerb/Xeloda - Zoladex & Arimidex stopped.
September 07 - Tykerb/Xeloda failed.. lung mets still growing and more new ones
October 2007 - Commenced Vinorelbine and back on Herceptin again..
March 2008 - New Scans reveal lung mets still progressing, now have 3cm Liver Met and Bone Met to Sternum - looking for a new clinical trial...
Daisypink is offline   Reply With Quote