View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
Sandra in GA

Re: 5 year's out from stage 3 Her2 pos 35 pos nodes

Michelle,
I think you are the only one who has had more positive nodes removed than me. I find you to be an inspiration. Like you, I am also a nurse ever though I had gotten an educational degree when my kids were in college and taught first grade for about 15 years. However, I still maintain my RN liscense. Having enough knowledge to know what the doctors ard talking about has its advantages and disadvantages. When I started reseaching HER2, (I had not been working the medical field for almost 20 years and had never heard of it) I got scared to death. After almost a year of treatments, I found this site and now I come here often for the research, stories of survivors, and encouragement to others. This is a wonderful place to visit.

I finished my Herceptin and lapatinib phase II trial for early HER2+ breast cancer (stage III doesn't sound early) November 17th. I am now hoping to get into a vaccine trial. First I have to deal with these cataracts that the Decadron caused. My first surgery is next Tuesday and then the other one will be on Dec. 29th.

Your sixth anniversary is coming soon! I hope and pray that you are still NED!
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote