View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #49
prolifejoan

Re: 5 year's out from stage 3 Her2 pos 35 pos nodes

Dear Michele and All,

This is my first day on this forum, after discovering a cancerous lump on December 1, 2011. My stats are in my signature line (thanks to Jackie for teaching me how to do this) so I won't repeat them here. I have been reading a lot about my type of cancer, and like you, MicheleU, I thought I had better start preparing for the end, and I have been thinking about choosing the readings and songs for my funeral Mass.

But reading the posts on this page has given me hope. I want to get into a vaccine program!
I have a double mastectomy scheduled on November 16th by the awesome Dr. Habal in Greenville, NC www.carolinabreast.com, so I have a question. After a bilateral mastectomy, are we still eligible for a vaccine trial? We live in North Carolina and I am willing to fly anywhere for this. My Herceptin will resume after the drain cups are out from my surgery, and I will be taking it every three weeks through July 2013, and then will I be eligible for a vaccine trial?

God bless you wonderful ladies, your positive attitude and gift of the great and very real virtue of Hope has done more for me today, this night here on the East Coast, than you will ever know. Please know that all of the wonderful people in this forum will be included in my prayers, beginning tonight. God bless you!
12/14/11 core biopsy
came back positive for HER2 +, grade 3
1/4/12 lumpectomy, no metric stats at hand; lump was > 2 inches, + borders. 19 nodes removed, 17 positive
staph infection 2X
second opinion, www.carolinabreast.com.

March 12th - Adriamycin & Cytoxan every three weeks 4 cycles.

July 2 through October 8th - taxol and Herceptin every week with two cycles every other week.

October 22nd - 50 mgs. Benedryl & 600 mgs. Herceptin, was going to be every three weeks, but 600 mgs kicked my butt so now I get 200 mgs every week, through August 2013.

November 16, 2012, succesful simple bilateral mastectomy

December 26, 2012, began radiation. Side effects there, too. Sheesh. :-)
February 1, 2013, radiation ended.

August 1, 2013, last day of Herceptin

September 6, 2013, CT, found 2 cysts in lower abdomen. Nuclear bone scan clear!

September 13, 2013, sonogram checking those cysts -
prolifejoan is offline   Reply With Quote