View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 05:47 PM   #10
Laurel

Re: 5 years later, In honor of my mother..

Dearest Anna,

We see your words and want you to know we remember your mother. She was brave and fought this disease with great tenacity, courage and grace. Her amazingly strong faith in her Savior filled every post she wrote and shared with us. We were blessed to have "known" her and to have fought along by her side against a shared foe that never fights fair.

Your mother surely treasured every moment you spent by her side. The mere presence of a cherished love one brings comfort to us as we struggle. You may have been too young to understand all that was happening, but your love and companionship were a great blessing to your mother. Anna, you were a comfort to her just by staying close. What a wonderful daughter you were to your mother. How lucky she was to have had you! What a brave little girl you were!

Anna, you may be proud of your mother. She never gave up or surrendered. You want to ask, "why?" When I was diagnosed I never asked, "why me?" Instead I said, "why not you?' Every life has its heavens and its hells. It is how you learn to soar in the in the heavens and burn through the hells that characterizes a life. I believe your mom was a woman who soared and knew how to endure the heat of illness. May you be just like her and carry her love and memory with you always. God bless you, dear Anna, and thank you for visiting us.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote