View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #34
Mary Anne in TX

You know, we're as different as our BCs are, aren't we! I keep thinking of the 1 in 15 who survived the first trial of herceptin and remember her saying that she was stronger than the rest. I guess I believe they will keep finding more appropriate meds for us. I just want this ol' body in as good a shape as possible when they do! I still want to see my grandkids graduate from college. Our mental stress, or more importantly the lack thereof, seems to be so very important to our immune system and our general well being. Maybe I do the markers for that reason, but I also think they are a guide for some of us. I do the labs for all the liver, kidney, etc each time too and find them as helpful as the marker. The truth is I'm far more likely to die suddenly of a stroke (a family thing) than of BC, but want to do my part, even in the unvarifiable areas (they are still learning, thank God). But, if I didn't have the support that I do, I'm not sure that I would want to know all that stuff. I'm often tempted to just "move on" and believe what so many friends would have me believe....that I'm done with all that!!! I like that we're so different and do things so unlike each other! Makes for better learning. Thanks to all for being so bold and different! ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote