View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
pilgrim37

Re: trends that weight management is going to be important in treating HER2-positive

This thread is hitting me right where I live. After treatment I went on arimidex and have been on for about 2 years. In that time, my blood pressure and my weight went up despite eating healthily and walking. I went on a beta blocker for the blood pressure only to find I gained scary amounts of weight -- 20 pounds in a couple of months without changing my eating -- and also depression for the first time in my life. So I went off it and am now trying to drop the weight -- it's VERY tough. I think that arimidex may have fueled the blood pressure and the combo of arimidex and the beta blocker put on a lot of weight. I now need to lose 40-50 pounds. I won't go off arimidex but I wish I could figure out the "magic diet" that would help with the weight! I'm living on fruit, salads, quinoa, a little chicken and fish, legumes, and green juice! In the old days, I'd have been dropping weight at least 2 pounds a week, but now -- nada. Oh well, just glad to be alive. The extra weight makes me nervous though with studies like these...

diagnosed Sept 2009 with stage 3 her2+
treated at Dana Farber
3 months taxol/herceptin
bilateral mastectomy w/ node dissection Jan 2010
3 months A/C chemo
5 weeks radiation
herceptin till December 2010
now on arimidex and synthroid
pilgrim37 is offline   Reply With Quote