View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #9
snolan

Re: Did anyone NOT lose hair OR nails on TCH protocol? All replies appreciated!

I lost my hair two weeks into TCH, lost my finger nails but not my toe nails. I chose to shave my head when the hair started falling out it was easier to manage and less messy. I have heard people using cold packs on their hands to save their nails, I didn't hear about it until mine fell off so I couldn't tell you if it works or not.

I wasn't a wig wearer, I preferred scarfs at work and hats when out and about, around the house I wore nothing. My kids went with me to shave my head and loved to rub my head when it was bald. They get used to seeing you like this and they know it is only temporary. For me it was like a badge of honor, I was kicking cancer's ass and bald is beautiful.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote