View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #64
Cathya

Hi;

Diagnosed stage 3c in October 2004. Postmenapausal.....for a number of years...I found once my periods ended I forgot all about them so can't remember when I stopped....lol. Following lumpectomy and additional biopsys started chemo mid January 2005. 4 AC, 4 Taxol. Tested for her2 and found to be borderline so began herceptin with the last taxol treatment. Am on Arimidex. I don't know my MUGA in the beginning but am tested every two months. I have been off herceptin 3 months. Originally for low MUGA of 42 (the previous two scores were 48 but onc let me stay on....he pulled me off when the score dropped again). The last test has shown my score to now be 52 but my heart remains enlarged and so he is waiting to see if this corrects before he puts me back on. I had a wee bit of swelling to my right hand (non cancer side) and my right foot during treatments towards the end of taking herceptin. I had weak nails which are still weak, and a runny nose...which is still runny sometimes now but not as often. I have various aches and pains in my joints but that continues and could be the arimidex or the biophosphanate I just started taking (can't remember the name right now). I take it every Friday morning (1x week) and am heading into my third week. I took herceptin every three weeks.....and REALLY want to get back on it.

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote