Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #58
Chelee

Smile

I worked for years at Beckman Instruments doing all kinds of different jobs. Great place to work. Then worked at a local newspaper for years and enjoyed that. Then became disabled due to a congenital back problem at age 30.
I stepped into a pre-made family when I met my hubby back when working at Beckman and rasied two wonderful step-kids that I love dearly. They are everything to me. They are now grown and out on there own...but they stay in touch and I see then often. I also have four wonderful grandchildern that are all the light of my life.

I have been married 26 years and going strong. My husband has been a awesome support system to me since my cancer diagnoses. He takes me to ALL my treatments and doctors appointments. He changed his work schedule so that he could be with me all the time. He has been fantastic. Without him I don't know if I could of made it this far.

As far as hobbies and things I enjoy...I love swimming, playing pool, taking pictures, bicycle riding, walks on the beach, boating and fishing, camping. I haven't been able to do much since my diagnoses...but I sure have plans to once I get through my treatment if all goes well.

I love animals and have ALWAYS had them in my life. I can't imagine life without them. Unfortunely I just had to put my kitty cat of 17 years to sleep due to a serious kidney problem. But I still have a turner & hooch dog and a toy poodle. They are girl friend and boyfriend. Quite the pair. lol

So for now...I am just focused on beating my cancer and doing all I can to get better. I guess for now I am a homemaker and do what I can when I feel well enough through my chemo treatments.

I am so thankful to have found this board and all the awesome people that I have met here. Its by far the best board I have found. I have learned so much and everyone is so helpful. God Bless everyone.

Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote