Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #56
Joe
Webmaster

Man behind the Scene

I have been married for 23 years to Christine, the founder of this group. We will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary at ASCO in June.

I have degrees from Rutger's Universary and Fairleigh Dickenson Universary and was attending graduate school at William Paterson Universary when Christine had a recurrence in 1999. I also received training at the DeVry Institute in electronics. I am currently a Senior Field Engineer for a defense contractor in San Diego which allows me to travel throughout California.

We had already decided to move to California and had our home sold when Christine had an attack of Vertigo. She was DX'ed with mets to the chest and brain. She left for CA on July 5, 1999 with my youngest daughter, Danielle, in order to start treatment in San Diego.

I stayed behind with my oldest daughter, Debra, to pack our belongings and complete the sale of our home.

Christine's disease and this website has been a truly eye opening experience. Not only has my knowledge of breast cancer increased, but I have met many of the prominant cancer researchers. Most importantly, many of you are like family to both me and Christine.

Two of my most favorite quotes:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!" - Anon

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote