View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Pinay88

Be still my beating heart...AC-TH and arrhythmia

Hello everyone,

Firstly, continued blessings to all in the new year!

It has been a while since my last log in...quite preoccupied with the TH part of my treatment. My 3rd cycle with TH though did not happen january 6. Early on even with AC, I had infrequent and fleeting palpitations. My cardiac dopplers have always been normal. However, prior to Jan 6, I had more insistent palpitations which prompted an EKG that showed Premature Ventricular Contractions in bigeminy. I am on bed rest now and prescribed diltiazem to still my erratically beating heart. I have no other systemic symptoms..thank you God for that =) Best part, though I am on bed rest, I still have toilet privileges...woo-hoo!! I am due to see my cardiologist again on the 9th and praying for sinus rhythm so I can get going with TH again (just two more to go before it is just vitamin H solo).

Just a shout out please, does this cardiac side effect happen often? Anyone else with experiences to share? I just feel kind of singled out...I asked my onc and the cardiologist if they've seen other patients like me on the same chemo cocktail (with herceptin) to have had this, and I've been told that I am the first....granted that in my neck of the woods (I am in the Philippines) not a lot of patients can afford the cost of treatment. So, I also need to pacify my erstwhile troubled mind. Thanks much in advance for all your input and words of experience...

Diagnosed at age 38 with IDC (T1, N0, M0)
6/22/2011: Excision biopsy, right breast, 1.9cm tumor,
ER-/PR-/HER2+++, grade 3
7/12/2011: MRM, right; elective mastectomy, left
ALL residual breast tissue and 19/19 lymph nodes NEGATIVE for tumor...yay!!
8/18/2011: port placement, start AC, cycle 1
10/23/2011: end AC cycle 4
12/12/2011: TH cycle 2 done
1/17/2012: Taxotere 3 done, on herceptin holiday due to arrhythmia..

Pinay88 is offline   Reply With Quote