View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
rentrac

Hi Joy,

Just found this site last night, but I have gone through several multiweek periods without treatment. Those "bad boy" cells can hang out quite a while without causing a lot more trouble that the chemo will deal with later. I found that when I have these breaks, I tend to feel better, so I use it as a time to load up on ammunition: increase my activity to build up muscles, stamina, etc and to eat as healthily as I can, and to get out and do very non-cancer stuff for a little mental vacation if at all possible. Bur from your note, it sounds you're feeling not so great for the moment. Try to relax if at all possible, such as deep breathing or meditation type techniques so the rest of your body doesn't get tense and make you feel worse. And don't forget, your brain is very in sync with your body's stress signals from all over, so destressing one part can help relax the rest and give you a chance to step back and re-evaluate your situation. MEanwhile, I started Tykerb 2 weeks ago. It's interesting. I'll keep my positive thoughts going your way that the insurance/paperwork/dollar stuff gets worked out quickly for you.
Rentrac
rentrac is offline   Reply With Quote