View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
KirisMum

Re: Frightening development with my daughter

Thank you, everyone, for your kindness and support. Kiri spoke with her oncologist this morning, who feels it would be too risky at this point to wait another week to join the Xeloda/neratinib trial. So they are starting her on Xeloda/tykerb tomorrow--a secondary choice but one we hope works until neratinib is approved, hopefully in early 2015. She's currently on steroids, which she hates, but they have stopped the headaches and nausea and vision problems, so hopefully at least part of the symptoms were due to swelling, not tumor. She feels and sounds a lot more like herself, and we're hoping that things calm down so she can enjoy her wedding.

I so appreciate all your prayers and support. It's a nightmare watching this lovely 29-year-old girl battling this beast that is robbing her of a long and productive life. She is beautiful, athletic, bright and so much in love. It is not clear to me at all that the universe is "unfolding as it should," but I keep hope and faith that things will come right in the end.
KirisMum is offline   Reply With Quote