View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #55
Nancy L

Re: TDM-1 side effects

I had my second infusion 3 days ago. It is amazing how different this one was from the first. Very few side effects so far--mild headache, joint pain and severe dry mouth. But I have been on high doses of prednisone since 10/10 for pneumonitis. I believe the steroids made the difference. Will see next time when I am not on the steroids. They were concerned that I continue to loose weight--5 lbs in past three weeks. Because the cancer has attacked my cranial and vagus nerve, I have a difficult time swallowing. Eating is a chore and I am really sick of Ensure. But I am hopeful T-DM1 will kill the cancer lesions on the nerves nd in time they will regenerate. My right vocal cord was paralyzed at my first recurrence 3 1/2 yrs ago. This time it hit my left vocal cord (controlled by vagus nerve) so my breathing and speaking are severely affected. I had to have an emergency trach during radiation treatment. Can't wait to get this out. But T-DM1 has to work first and the nerves have to regenerate---a lot to hope for.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote