View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #11
sarah

Re: 2016 UPDATED SUPPLEMENT LIST must read

HHmmmm. I've read recently several very negatives things about supplements including 2 of my favorites: vitamin D and Fish oil (omega 3, flax seed oil and other oils) the oils are often rancid. There's no FDA checking on supplements which are often made in that so "reliable" country, China. and of course the supplement people don't want supervision because they can get away with saying anything. Also for years and years, I've heard cancer people shouldn't take vitamin E, so who knows. what works, works but check. My cardiologist gave me a prescription for Omocar (fish oil) that's pricey but a prescription, secure type. When I asked about taking an ordinary one, she told me it was only my health! it costs 30 euro a month! There's a website (paying) called Consumer Labs that apparently does testing on supplements that sounds like a good thing to join. I'm in Europe, so not useful for me. I'd certainly like to know which brands or which supplements are really what they say they are and are safe as I'm sure we all would.