View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #7
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: 2016 UPDATED SUPPLEMENT LIST must read

VITACOST.COM has the largest selection, great description of ingredients and FACTS and reviews PLUS the best prices $$$$$$$$$$$...

To me the absolute most essential are:

Vitamin D3
Calcium
Co Enzy Q10
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Carnitine
Selenium
Vitamin C w/bioflavinoids
B12
Omega 3
Probiotic
New Chapter Lifeshield mushroom blend or another Immune Booster if you
prefer
Vitamin B6
Folate w/Quatrefolic
Flaxseed Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Exhilarin
Grapeseed Extract
NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
Resveratrol
ZINC

Check out Dr. Andrew Weill on line for info on supps.

Also Livestrong.com

Most docs think supps are a waste of your $$$. Yet they all find the fact that I'm still alive remarkable. Say, Wow. You...shouldn't be here...

They think I am very very very lucky.

I say when you see a miracle delve into the reasons, beyond dismissing it an a rare occurrence.

Read Dr. Mitchell Gaynor's books on supplements.

Purchase PRESCRIPTION FOR NUTRITIONAL HEALING (Phyllis A. Balch)

Then I would add:

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Alpha Lipoic Acid
Argenine
Chromium Piccolinate
E
Glutamine
Lysine
Lutein
Ginkgo
NADA
Biotin
B-5 Pantothenic Acid 300 AM PM -- think I didn't mention this one,
helps neuropathy big time![
/COLOR]

Very hard to imagine how our mainstream brilliant docs just blow off supplements as frills, unnecessary and a scam.

I got rid of Shingles midst 2nd month of Taxotere -- in 10 days. Unheard of! But I had to -- cause onc wouldn't give me chemo w/shingles, meaning a majorly compromised immune system.

WE MUST KEEP OUR IMMUNE SYSTEM AT PEAK CONDITION! DURING CHEMO MOST ESPECIALLY AND FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES...!!!!!!!!!!

Supps from Vit store are way over priced. Same for drug store.

VITACOST.COM

Also Dr. Gaynor fav -- Vitahealth / The Apothecary -- 212 - 628 1110
David, the owner is so well informed and so responsive. Also all his help. He ships to me in Fla free of charge.
His TOLLFREE # is 1 - 866 - 628 - 5255

Tell them Andrea Budin sent you... Not that I get anything for it, but he's just such a great man who a fund of information re all the supplements. His prices compare to Vitacost.com OUTSTANDING...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 01-21-2016 at 02:42 PM..
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote