View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
Barbara H.

Upset

Hi Patty,
You have a right to be upset. Herceptin by itself worked for me for 1 1/2 years before my tumor markers started to rise. It cleared everything out of my liver, lungs, nodes, and skin. Two years ago, it wasn't detected in my bones, but now it is there. I knew I would have to add Chemo and am now on Navelbine and Zometa. What upset me, is there is no end in sight for how long I have to be on it. I am on it until I start to progress, or the neuropathy becomes unbearable. This combination is tolerable, but it still wears me down and I feel achy a number of days. I teach 3rd grade, which I do not want to give up, and I need energy for that.

I certainly am not as far down the road with all the chemos yet, but I can certainly relate to how upset you are. This continuous chemo can get you down.

I would not feel too badly about not getting Tykerb yet, as long as there are drugs you can take. Although Tykerb shows promise, it will not be "the" drug for everyone, and it should be available soon for those who need it. Also, by the time you will get it, they will know more about which combinations work the best, and you can select the combination you want.

Thinking of you and good luck with your treatment!!!
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote