View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #31
al from Canada

Dear Sherry,

This sucks so bad but you have to get creative if you want to go on. The one thing I would do is get your advocate to help you fight as once you jaundice, it's very difficult to think clearly. Second, think about the chemos that have knocked-out the liver mets in the past as tons of research has shown that after 6 mos. to 1 year, most drug resistance disappears. chemo plus tykerb or another EGFR inhibitor such as tarceva or irressa + herceptin, could very well do it for you but you have to want it and be willing to fight for it. I recall Ginger Emprey telling me how she had jaundiced, had ascites and was checking out but still fought for her right to live by getting that "new" drug herceptin, off label. that was 10 years ago.........if you get no where with your onc, get on the phone like I did when Linda was given 2 weeks in the exact same situation, and we got another 2 years. A doctor that kisses you good-bye.....I think I would find one that kisses you hello instead, get your advocate to get on the phone and find someone with a creative solution. There are no garantees in this life but every now and then you may get a free lunch, you just have to find it.
Anything I can do,
Al