View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Audrey

Thanks for sharing this, Dee. I found it interesting to read the various thoughts and feelings of those women with mastectomies. I had a mastectomy 5 years ago and felt very lopsided and finally had the other breast removed preventatively (very dense and fibrocystic)--I felt better being even on both sides, but not a day goes by that I don't miss what I once had. Implants are just not the same. Not long ago someone asked my mother-in-law how I was doing and she said "It's been almost 5 years since her diagnosis and she's doing great! It's like it never even happened" I heard that and just shook my head--she'll just never understand how changed I am, completely, by this experience. That's why I still come to this site, even after the cancer ordeal is supposedly "all over" for me. That's what so many don't understand. It's like it will NEVER be over. I still have to look in the mirror and get dressed every day, still worry about it coming back, still worry about my friends I met with this disease, etc.
Anyway, didn't want to write a novel, just wanted to thank you for your post.
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote