View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
dlaxague

Infusion time - Herceptin q3w

Hi all, I'm asking for a friend who previously got her every-three-week Herceptin in 30 minutes, changed providers, and now they give it over 90 minutes. This bothers her considerably - not physically - it's that she doesn't like to spend the extra time there. Especially since she previously had no problems with a 30 minute infusion on the same schedule.

I've looked at the archives and I see that there's quite a variety of infusion times. Genentech says that they have no recommendation regarding infusion time of every-three-week administration, as Herceptin is approved for use in metastatic bc only weekly, although of course they're aware it's often given every three weeks. They sent me reports from several small studies, one of which did give Herceptin over 30 minutes on a q3w schedule.

So my questions (finally) are - has anyone had trouble with q3w 30 minute dosing, and had the infusion time extended because of it? Did you tolerate it initially and then begin to have trouble? Or did you have trouble from the first infusion?

How many are getting, or have gotten, the q3w 30 minute infusion without problems.

Thanks for your help,
Debbie L.
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote