View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
R.B.

Interesting idea.

My developing strictly amateur think in the wind is:

The more I read the more evident how complex it all is. So on the balance of probabilties the result of intervention is likely to be equally complex if all the ramifications were fully understood. It is unlikely to be just one mechanism.

As to grabbing resources it sounds like the way a baby behaves at a very basic level. Maybe that is what a cancer is - an evolutionary survival strategy brought about in an emegergency situation where the body has lost the ability to cope, so in some ways reproducing reproductive mechanisms.

But what caused the conditions for the stromal bed to develop, and then the tumour to develop in the first place.

If it is as least in part fats linked

- does chemo tamoxifen herceptin etc at least in part intervene in the fat pathways.
- I have seen trials that suggest herceptin and tamoxifen do,
- and odd hints that I have not followed up that chemo might.

So you have interupted the omega six eicosanoid pathways, at some level or other, Archnidonic acid production, Cox 1 and 2, or at the lower PG LOX levels, (which lower levels are reported also as having strong links to reproductive pathways - taking things apart re building new blood supplies fundmantal level access to gene instructions).

The growth signals are interupted and cancers are inhibited to varying extents - except the body being very robust and endlessly resourceful trys to find ways round these road blocks and often suceeds.

BUT chemical or biological Interruption of fat pathways could/would also mean long chain omega three shortages - so? the body does what it does in pregnancy and robs the brain of DHA to supply other needs. This increases the omega three six imbalance in the brain and pushes the stromal condtions towards those that are conducive to cancer. (it is reported brain tumours have been observed to show low n3 and high n6)

The situation is exacerbated by the lack of omega three in most diets. The body is denied the body the raw materials. It start emergency procedures using second and third preference fats in membranes etc. If the brain is not blocked from fatty acid synthesis because chemo herceptin etc do not reach into the brain it is going into fat production overdrive to try and make up DHA depletion. High six continues to fuel the PGs etc. Breakdown!!! Emergency evolution procedure - We call it cancer.

Further once the omega three six balance is pushed beyond certain limits the preferential pathways of long chain omega three production are reported as breaking down so the ability to produce may well be limited by lack of omega three sources, excess of omega six, and chemical / biologicial inhibition, contributed to by poor digestions, liver function etc.

Add to that the suggestion I have seen reported that trans fats are incorporated instead of omega three - new fats unknown to the body - Chaos?

IF the omega three six imbalance is a factor the draining of the brain of DHA to fufill other body needs would put the brain at a high level of risk.

End result? - a higher level of brain tumours in those receiving treatments that intervene in the fat pathways combined with poor diet, digestive imbalance, lowering of the immune system leading DHA depletion in the brain by a number of mechanisms, but leaving the brain free to go down eicosanoid pathway in an attempt to catch up.... no raw materials..... emergenecy.... more panic.... use any fat to hand...... eventual breakdown - emergency evolutionary evacuation procedures - outcome unknown - cancer except for the few who find another path.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote