View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
doh2pa
Deceased

Hi There,

I was originally diagnosed in Feb 2004 with stage II. I had a mastectomy and chemo and thought all was well till Sep 05 when my cancer advanced to my liver. I am now stage IV. Just finished 6 months of chemo and I am in remission. So, how do I stay positive? Well, first I try not to listen to any statistics that say we have 2 or 3 years. No one knows that and everyone is different. There are many amazing women on this site who have beaten all the odds, so why not us! I stay positive by staying involved in my treatments. I was so happy to finish 6 months of chemo and just get my herceptin every 3 weeks and faslodex monthly. But I have two teenage boys and want to stay alive as long as I can for them. So I did lots of research and found a vaccine trial for stage IV women who have failed at least one treatment regimen (this would not be for you). And I got my first vaccine last week. It may not help but I feel like I am doing something actively rather than passively waiting for "it" to come back. So do your research, strive to look for alternate therapies (chemo sucks and we don't want to be on it unless there is nothing else!) and keep on fighting. It's too soon for me to be a survivor so I call myself a WARRIOR! Want to join me?

Donna
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote