View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
Chelee

Hi Sherry, You are by no means alone in how your feeling. I personally feel its good to vent. Its such a shame though that I feel the ONLY SAFE place for me to vent is on two boards I visit. Your story about how it seems nobody at home seems to care or can sympathize with you is exactly how I feel here at home. (Your post sounds so much like one I would write.)

You also mentioned how your SUPPOSE to walk around and be happy all the time when you have stage IV cancer. My heart really goes out to you because I certainly cannot by any means know exactly how you feel...but pretty close to it. I have stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, node positive but I am SUPPOSE to act like nothing has changed. I should be smiling 24/7 and laughing and I have actually been told to just QUIT dwealing on it...as it won't change a thing. (I wish it was just that easy as I am sure you do too.) We go through all this chemo and feel like crap, lose our hair...have nothing but doctors appts and lab work, scans, etc. Our lives have been turned upside down overnight. A total nightmare as far as I am concerned. But to make sure THEY aren't uncomfortable...we should act like all is right with the world so we don't upset anyone.

I agree with you, I don't want pity, but just SOMEONE, anyone to just TRY to understand what I am going through and facing. Its not easy. I really DID expect more from my family. I feel more isolated now then I have ever in my entire life time!

In your post one other thing that really caught my attention is how your not suppose to worry. Ha. I have actually been told several times when I am having a rough day to "Just quit worrying, it won't change anything". (Gee, thanks for the support, I love you to.)

I just really feel for you Sherry. This is a rough road we are all on and most people just don't get it...or they don't try too. Don't you just want to knock them upside the head and ask them what planet their from?!

I wish I could do something for you to cheer you up. All I can tell you is your not alone. (I know that doesn't help.) I can send you a big old cyber HUG. Its so sad when we thought the ones that would really rally around us and give us that extra support and love...are the ones that expect us to act like we were just told we broke our arm and it will be fine in no time.

Please feel free to vent away any time. Believe me, your post hits home with so many of us going through this. I really wish I had the right words to say, or just anything to help you out. But we do care and I know I can tell you I understand how your feeling. I am sending you another big cyber hug and warm healing thoughts from me to you.

Hang in there.

Chelee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote