View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #8
Maggie

I live 30 minutes north of Philadelphia in Montgomery County.

My tumor was 1.2 cm. stage 1, ER/PR neg HER2 3+ no node involvement! 2004 My doctor told me that I only got chemo, A/C, because I was HER2 and they were treating me aggressivly, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it, just rads!

As I've mentioned here before, I knew that this past November,2005 a decision would be made if early stage could get Herceptin. They were allowing up to 1 year out of treatment. For me that was October, but they had to send and test my tumor by FISH,also, so hence the waiting time. Once that was confirmed, I started every 3 weeks for a year.

I was 1 year out in October, but he gave it to me anyway, starting in November. He also said he would have done it a couple of months later, too if he had to.
My oncology group also has tumor conferences every week with as many different oncologists as possible, present. My treatments were discussed in a conference each time. Fisrt for the A/c and second for Herceptin. My doctor told me the Herceptin one was a "really big" conference. Lots of chatter there he told me! Lot's of debates!

Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote