View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
Becky

Michele

I am not sure my doctor would give me a second year without results from the Hera trial but since I started Herceptin late (I benefited from last year's ASCO meeting presentation and was within 6 months of my last chemo so I was able to start the Herceptin 4 months after my last chemo) I will be nearing 2 years post diagnosis in September. And it is the first 2 years where the chance of recurrence is the highest so my doctor has agreed to go out until the end of September to cover me for that. I think he is hoping for some results to come out and if 2 yrs is better - we would keep going and if there is no difference between 1 and 2 years, we would stop.

You and many others are doing so well with just the one year that I am questioning myself to go further (the extra 3 months at this point).
But since you are still pursuing the second year, I guess your advice to me would be to take those extra treatments even though it is not a full extra year (and push to continue to the second year).

I hope this helps you. I will see my onc in less than 3 weeks and I will ask him about the full second year. I did it this way because my onc wants a rationale behind what he is doing and he has one with the extra 3 months and taking me to 2 yrs since diagnosis.

Kindest regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote